Advisory, Research & Policy Work
CAT Projects is a respected advisor to Australian and International governments on energy policy, tariff policy and regulatory reform. Recent advisory roles include:
- Development of Outer Islands Tariff Policy for Cook Islands Government
- Assessment of barriers to regulatory reform in electricity sector for the Torres Strait Regional Authority
- Assessment of strategic energy policy reform with respect to deployment of high levels of distributed Solar Photovoltaic for Northern Territory Government
- Co-chair and principal author for the Northern Territory Government Energy taskforce developing a 20 year energy policy framework
- Development of feed in tariff policy for Northern Territory Government & Power Water Corporation
We undertake analysis to help clients understand the best way forward for their projects. This includes economic viability, risk assessment and overall practicality. Read more about our services in our capability statement.
CAT Projects understands the technical and economic drivers and challenges in remote regions. We have also worked extensively in the national and international context.
CAT Projects has undertaken bankable feasibility studies for small and large scale solar photovoltaic projects, many of which have resulted in construction of projects that have become the largest or first of their kind in Australia.
A selection of our recent feasibility studies include:
- Yulara Ayres Rock Resort
- Alice Springs Airport
- Kenya Tea Factory
- Darwin International Airport
- Ti Tree, Kalkarindji & Lake Nash renewable energy technologies
- Uterne Solar Power Station
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA)