Renewable Energy &
Power Systems Engineering
CAT Projects has been at the forefront ofrenewable energy and power systems engineering for almost a decade. We are the experts at bringing innovative energy solutions to remote communities. Read more about our services in our capability statement.
Our services include:
- Policy review & advice on energy and RE (particularly in remote areas)
- Power system & RE system design
- Energy efficiency program development (at the household & large industrial scale)
- Website, database & data acquisition system specification and procurement
- Delivery of rural electrification projects (in Asia Pacific, Australia, India & beyond)
- Financial modelling of rural electrification projects (Life Cycle Costings of supply options)
- Advice on RE operations & maintenance (to ensure long term sustainability)
Our work is award-winning; we won the Sir William Hudson Award by Engineers Australia in 2011 for the Bushlight India Project.
Since 2012 CAT Projects has been involved in the Cook Islands Outer Island Renewable Energy Program, an ambitious initiative of the Cook Islands' Government to improve the efficiency, reliability and local ownership of power supply on three outer islands.
Examples of recent RE & power systems projects include: